HIGHLIGHT & STROBE | THE SUMMER LOOK / AUGUST SECOND

I can't be the only die-hard KUWTK fan who spends the majority of episodes drooling over the Kardashian/Jenner highlight? Their cheek...


I can't be the only die-hard KUWTK fan who spends the majority of episodes drooling over the Kardashian/Jenner highlight? Their cheekbones are always immaculately illuminated and I've been desperately trying to recreate that glow with my own makeup stash. I feel like I've pretty much got the look down and I've been using a blend of strobing and highlighting products to get that Summery luminescence. 



Although I only have a vague understanding of the whole strobing / highlighting trend, I thought I'd try to recap the main differences;

HIGHLIGHT-                                                                    STROBE-               
Shimmery, glittery, glinting                                           ☆ Products with a shine, like Vaseline that
products.                                                                              catch the light.
☆ A variety of different shades,                                        ☆ Normally don't have that much pigment 
although normally are champagne,                                    to them.
 pearly pink or bronze tones.                                             ☆ Can be more extreme than highlighting.
☆ Is normally paired with a                                             ☆ Can be worn alone.
contour or bronzing product. 
☆ Can be cream or powder.                                             ☆Are normally cream-based.

To get my cheekbones, cupids bow, forehead and bridge of my nose all glowed up, I use two products;
NARS ILLUMINATOR MAC STROBE CREAM (pictured is the travel size version). A tiny blob of each on the back of my hand is all I generally need, a little goes such a long way with both, and I mix them together with my finger to get my wonder-product. The NARS shade I use is Copacabana, which looks very pink the tube but when squeezed out becomes almost whitey-blue and works beautifully with the moisturiser-ish consistency of Strobe Cream. I actually bought Strobe Cream with the intention of using it as a primer and while I was in love with the dewy finish it left, it didn't match the staying power of Smashbox and so it found another use. I'm so happy I've discovered this duo, it honestly does nail the illuminated look that I covet and while I usually apply with my fingers, often Zoeva's LUXE HIGHLIGHT brush makes an appearance; its so fluffy and soft.

Let me know if you've tried either of these products and if you have any recommendations on highlighting powders please leave a comment or hit me up on TWITTER- I feel like I haven't found any highlighting powders I've really liked yet. Are you highlighting / strobing this Summer ? 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

instagram @ tia.katarina

disqus 2016

Powered by Blogger.

Flickr Images

Instagram